Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Accident (by Pneuman)

My human is slightly obsessed with a fictional donkey named Eeyore. I'm not sure what her bizarre fascination with a depressed donkey, but she loves him. One of her favorite quotes is by Eeyore. "Accidents. You never have them until you're having them."

Recently, my human insisted on taking me with her when she went to visit her family. She traveled by air. Rather than letting me fly by myself (I'M A DRAGON) or letting me stay home (which is what I would have preferred), she packed me in bubble wrap (oh the humility!) and stuffed me inside her carry on. I was reluctant, but she told me it would be fine. I told her I thought I would get broken, but she said it would be fine.

There was an accident. I didn't have the accident until I had it.

It could have been worse. One of my beautiful golden and blue horns snapped off my beautiful golden and blue head. I'm not in very much pain, but I am incomplete. I am humiliated. I have adamantly refused to do any musing until my human arranges for my horn to be fixed. She has agreed to arrange for an operation, which she believes will be quite simple and successful. She believes that when the operation is completed, no one will be able to tell my horn was ever broken. I have my reservations. She says it involves some kind of unusual compound known as "super glue."



I am hesitant.



The operation will be performed shortly. I hope to be restored to my former self. One thing is certain: I will not be stuffed in anymore carry ons unless my human arranges for me to have a custom-made traveling case.

No more accidents for this Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment