Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FAQ (by Pneuman)

Humans ask a lot of questions. Dragons don't ask as many questions, but I think that's because Dragons have lived longer and know more than humans do. I've had several humans ask me questions regarding Dragons, writing, my writer, and other various matters. To avoid getting asked the same questions again and again, I thought I'd post the answers to some of the questions I get asked most frequently. Here they are.

Q 1. Are you a real Dragon?
A: Yes. The other Dragon-Muses and I are as real as ANY Dragon.

Q 2. Are you made out of glass/ceramic/plaster/resin/plastic?
A: Um, no. I am made out of Dragon.

Q 3. What's your favorite thing about your human?
A: She has a way of looking at the world that I find refreshing. She has a creativity that is fun to inspire. She also has marvelous taste in Dragon-Muses.

Q 4: What's your least favorite thing about your human?
A: She's disorganized and tends to veer towards emotional extremes. It's very hard for her to balance. She also drops me a lot.

Q 5: How long have you been a Dragon-Muse?
A: Since long before you were hatched, puny human.

Q 6: Do you like children?
A: Yes, but my human discourages me from eating them.

Q 7: Are you your human's pet?
A: NO! I am a Dragon-Muse. If anything, I and the other Dragon-Muses own Miss Campbell, not the other way around. She refers to us as "her" Dragon-Muses to differentiate us from other Dragon-Muses, not because we are her possessions. We do belong to her, just as she belongs to us, but is more in the sense as you would belong to your human companions. Your friends do not own you, nor do you own them, but you do belong to each other. That is how it is with my human.

Q 8: How does Dragon-Musing work? Do you write for your human?
A: I am NOT a writer. I love my human, but she, like most writers, is irrational and emotional. I do not wish to be compared with her. She is the writer, and I am the Muse. The other Dragons and I breathe inspiration into her ears--we inspire her. The ideas and words, plots and characters are what she makes of what we breathe. And what she writes is splendid.

Q 9: Your human converses with Dragons. Is your human insane?
A: Yes, but not because she converses with Dragons. She's insane because she's a writer. In fact, I think that my human should contact the editors of her thesaurus to inform them that they should include "writer" as a synonym for "lunatic" in future editions.

Q 10: Why is your human the only one who can hear you and the other Dragon-Muses talk?
A: Miss Campbell can hear us because we have chosen to be her Dragon-Muses. If you are fortunate enough to have Dragon-Muses choose to inspire you, then you will be able to hear them. I humbly suggest that anyone who ridicules Miss Campbell because she hears Dragon-Muses is simply jealous because the Dragon-Muses aren't talking to them.

Q 11: What's your favorite book?
A: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Smaug is rad. It is kind of sad when he dies, though.

Q 12: Do you cause fires when you sneeze?
A: Sigh. I forget to take my allergy medicine ONCE and people NEVER let me forget it...

Q 13: What's your favorite color?
A: Look at the picture of me. Now back to this blog. Now back to ME. You see the gorgeous blue color of my scales. That's it.

Q 14: What did you want to be when you were a little Dragon?
A: What every young Dragon wanted to be. Godzilla, of course.

Q 15: What does Dragon-Muse breath smell like?
A: Clean hippies.

Q 16: You're the lead Dragon-Muse. Do you like being in charge of the other Dragon-Muses?
A: I'm not technically "in charge" of them. I'm more of just the main Muse, the one that ties together all of their particular talents into one mighty breath. Each of the Dragon-Muses on our team has something unique and good to share. I enjoy Bion's truthfulness and ability to see what needs to be changed in order to produce a more perfect product. I enjoy Jerry's ridiculous silliness; he always keeps us laughing. Humor is a true art. Tai is a wonderful addition to our team. I have seen him inspire my human to write when the rest of us could not. He has a way of boosting her talent that is truly remarkable. All in all, yes, I love working with the other Dragon-Muses, and I'm hoping to add more to our team in the future.

Q 17: Do you have a girlfriend?
A: Please, ladies, I have no time for romance. I have Musing to do.

Q 18: Is there any truth to the rumor that a squad of Dragon-hating bears is out to get you?
A: I have heard this rumor, but so far, nothing has come of it. I will keep both of my Dragon eyes open. If the bears appear, my brothers and I will be prepared.

Q 19: Is that really your original eye color?
A: Shhhh.

Q 20: What can you tell us about Miss Campbell's writing projects?
A: Well, so far, they all contain Dragons. That's why she's awesome.


If you have had questions about me, my writer, or the other Dragon-Muses, hopefully your question was answered above. If not, feel free to ask your question in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Q 15: What does Dragon-Muse breath smell like?
    A: Clean hippies.

    BAHAHAHAHAHA!!

    I love you, Pneuman. :)

    ReplyDelete